Wednesday, March 10, 2010

1 Year Ago Today....

One year ago today was the day that changed our lives forever. On March 10, 2009 I took a pregnancy test, on a whim....and found out I was pregnant. Dad and I got married in December 2008 and decided pretty much right after the wedding to take no precautions against getting pregnant. We knew that someday we wanted a baby and decided to let nature take its course. There were really no signs to make me think I was pregnant, but Dad had a "feeling" and had been asking me to take a test. I kept putting it off because I basically thought it was a waste of money to buy a test when there was not reason to take it. I had not missed a period, and told Dad that maybe if my period was late I would take one, but to just let it got for a while. On Tuesday, March 10, 2009 Dad was working all day and night and I was I decided just to humor him. I had never taken a pregnancy test and decided to pick up a box and take one for fun. I read the instructions, drank two bottles of water and did the deed. To make sure I didn't cheat and look at the test before the 2 minutes were up, I covered it with a towel and cleaned the shower while I waited for the time to pass. When I finally lifted the towel off and checked the results, I was actually very nervous. What if it is positive? Everything will change. Are we ready for this? Am I ready for this? I checked the test....two lines. What does that mean??!! True, it says RIGHT ON THE TEST what one, or two lines mean...but in the heat of the moment I just didn't pay attention. I grabbed the instructions and there is was....two lines means PREGNANT. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started pacing the condo, not sure what to do. What I really wanted to do was call CR and tell her. But I know my husband, he would be devastated if I told anyone before telling him. So I did what I see everyone on TV do....I took a second test, just to be sure. There it was again....two lines. This is the real deal. We are having a baby. Of course, I had been thinking for a while of the creative, fun way I would tell Dad if this ever happened. Do you think I was able to get anything together? Heck no! I jumped in the car and drove straight to his work to tell him. No fancy signs, t-shirts or dinners....just him and I sitting in the car, staring at the tests. Tears of joy were shed by both of us as we thought of the exciting adventure we were taking together.
After an extremely easy pregnancy, Elle was born exactly 8 months later, to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment