Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today is Mothers Day. My first Mother's Day with my own baby. We have celebrated Mother's Day in past years with Dad and Brother, but this is my first year to celebrate on Mother's Day with a biological child. It was wonderful.

Brother gave me a card on Friday while he was here and a few gifts. He also gave me a card from Elle, a very sweet First Mother's Day card, it made me cry. I am so happy to be a mother and I am so happy to have such a wonderful family.

Dad got up with Elle this morning and let me sleep in. Too bad I was too excited to sleep in! I was like a kid on Christmas, and I am not even sure why. I just couldn't sleep in, I wanted to get up and start MY day!!

We got up, had our coffee, packed up and went up to my parents house. We had some mimosas when we got there (yum) and headed out to brunch. We had a great brunch, just the 5 of us.

When we got back to Grammy and Grandpas Elle fell asleep and so did Dad and I. It was great. I love naps. We got up around 3 and Elle ate at 4, then had some cereal and sweet potatoes (we just started sweet potatoes yesterday and she LOVES them...it is hilarious). Grandpa picked up some pizza and we enjoyed a casual dinner before heading home.

We are home now and I am getting ready for a foot and back rub....oh man this is going to be great. I love Mother's Day!!

All in all it was a wonderful day and I am so glad I have Elle. I am so proud of her and so happy to be her mom. Being a mother makes me really appreciate my own mother. I am glad I was able to spend the day with her as well.






Tomorrow Elle will be 6 months old. I can't believe how fast these months have gone.

1 comment: